First, assert that there is a bloc of leftist governments in Latin America that all think and act exactly alike.
Second, assert that Iran plans to join these countries in some sort of unified military operation.
Third, discuss Iranian activities in the region. There are a few real ones, but be sure to include several based on either anonymous sources or no sources at all.
Fourth, discuss how the United States is ignoring the threat and express amazement at its lack of leadership.
Fifth, throw in a few non sequiturs about drugs or immigration. That’s always good."
“Because we’ve been kinda (but not really) ignoring Latin America for a while, EVERYONE shift you attention to the other scary brown people. But remember, keep looking on the other ones, too. Wait. Is this too much to follow? Damn your short attention span, American. Fine. The scary brown people from the Middle East are now working with the scary brown people from Latin America. They are now one SCARY BROWN PEOPLE. There. Made it easy. Keep looking.”
Welcome to American foreign policy 101
- yourfriendsav likes this
- okmabelle likes this
- laughlikea reblogged this from googledocsandcoffeeshops
- foreignpolicysifter likes this
- knock-here likes this
- googledocsandcoffeeshops likes this
- latinagabi likes this
- petrifiedpterodactyl likes this
- azaadi likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- thisisqpocprivilege likes this
- therearepeoplewho likes this
- seymourbuhts reblogged this from vinegarwilliams
- seymourbuhts likes this
- pnasty likes this
- climbinglyell likes this
- liberally-biased-banana-stand likes this
- jgreendc said: I almost want to give this a shot.
- thenoobyorker likes this
- adam-wola posted this